Slovenia - Hosted By Dan Shepherd, June 12-20,2020 **DEPOSIT $100
Here is a basic itinerary of our Slovenia trip and costs:
June 11th Depart US
June 12th Arrive Slovenia early afternoon- we greet you at the Ljubjana airport and transport you to Vila Noblesa Lodge. Dinner at the lodge and unpack.
June 13th Breakfast at 7:30, meet guides at 8 am and guided fishing all day, back in evening for gourmet meal, wine and brandy.
June 14th Guided fishing (non angling spouses, walking, hiking, relaxing, sightseeing tours can be arranged with a guide for a fee)
June 15th Group tour to Lake Bled and Bled Castle, or hike Tolmin Gorge with lunch and local WW1 museum. Your choice.
June 16th Guided fishing (non angling spouses, walking, hiking, relaxing, sightseeing tours can be arranged with a guide for a fee)
June 17th Guided fishing (non angling spouses, walking, hiking, relaxing, sightseeing tours can be arranged with a guide for a fee)
June 18th Guided fishing (non angling spouses, walking, hiking, relaxing, sightseeing tours can be arranged with a guide for a fee)
June 19th Eat Breakfast at Vila Noblesa Lodge, then depart for Ljubljana, check into Lesar Hotel Angel and walking city tour. This is optional if you prefer to explore the city alone. Afternoon and evening on your own.
June 20th Breakfast at Hotel Angel and then shuttle to airport to continue your travel plans or fly back to US
Trip cost is $3450.00 per person, double occupancy, with all the above but can be adjusted ala carte for those not wanting 5 guided days. Guests will need to decide that at time of booking and direct questions to Dan Shepherd. Single Angler rates can be easily arranged for small daily increase.
Included in trip:
- All lodging for 8 nights
- All wines and brandy the 7 nights/days at Vila Noblesa
- All meals (except lunch and dinner on June 19th and lunches on guide days not included. A sack lunch can be purchased for 7 Euros a day but it is preferred to eat at local pub near the river you are fishing for about the same price).
- Ljubljana City Walking tour
- Lake Bled castle tour
- All transfers inside Slovenia
What is not included:
- Daily fishing licenses. Each river system has a different fee and since you get to choose or have a guide choose, plan on about 400 Euros for the week in licenses, these are paid on the last day and the lodge accepts only cash in Euros for the licenses.
- Fly fishing gear and flies. The lodge has the most incredible fly selection, hand tied by Branko Gasparin, championship fly tier and bring your own flies too. The guides also have flies each day they use as "go to" patterns
- Guide gratuities Recommended min E25/day/angler but feel free to be generous, you will love these guides
- Lodge gratuities Recommended min E15-20/day/guest but again, feel free of course to tip as you like, you will love the staff
- Walking tour guide gratuities recommend E5/guest
- Airfare to and from Slovenia
A valid Passport is needed. Slovenia is part of the European Union.
What a great time to go to Slovenia! The above rate of $3450.00 is based on the current conversion and may fluctuate slightly until full payments are made.
We recommend getting a travel Visa card or Mastercard travel card pre-loaded ( or use your regular card) and just grab cash in Euros from the ATM or bank when you need it. There are daily opportunities to get cash.
This trip is ala carte for fishing, so no need to fish all five days if you decide you want to spend just a day hiking, seeing museums, etc. Of course we need to decide this as far in advance as possible so as to not leave a guide surprised he is not working one of the days he planned.
Slovenia is a very modern country but rich in beautiful scenery, culture, food, architecture.
Here are links to just a few of the attractions and hotels we will see and a couple of fish pictures attached:
Hotel in Ljubljana, the lastnight: http://www.angelhotel.si/index.php/en/
Castle in Ljubljana: http://www.ljubljanskigrad.si/en/the-ljubljana-castle/
Soca River Valley: https://www.slovenia.info/en/places-to-go/attractions/the-river-soca-and-the-isonzo-soca-front
My Slovenia video: https://vimeo.com/160624080 (it is 15 minutes so grab a sandwich and enjoy it)