Slovenia - Hosted By Dan Shepherd, June 14-22, 2019 **DEPOSIT $100
Here is a basic itinerary of our Slovenia trip and costs:
June 13th Depart US
June 14th Arrive Slovenia early afternoon- check into Angel Hotel, shop, sightsee vibrant downtown pedestrian area, dinner on your own at one of many great restaurants
June 15th Breakfast at hotel, 9am walking city tour, 12 noon lunch at Ljubljana Castle, 3 pm depart in vans for Vila Noblesa Lodge, 5 pm arrive at lodge , 6 pm dinner at lodge
June 16th Guided fishing (non angling spouses, walking, hiking, relaxing, sightseeing tours can be arranged with a guide for a fee)
June 17th Guided fishing (non angling spouses, walking, hiking, relaxing, sightseeing tours can be arranged with a guide for a fee)
June 18th Guided fishing (non angling spouses, walking, hiking, relaxing, sightseeing tours can be arranged with a guide for a fee)
June 19th Guided fishing (non angling spouses, walking, hiking, relaxing, sightseeing tours can be arranged with a guide for a fee)
June 20th Guided fishing (non angling spouses, walking, hiking, relaxing, sightseeing tours can be arranged with a guide for a fee)
June 21st Breakfast then travel to Lake Bled, see lake and castle, drive to Ljubljana, check-in at Hotel Angel, shopping, dinner on your own.
June 22nd Breakfast at Hotel Angel and then shuttle to airport to continue your travel plans or fly back to US ( plan a flight as early as you would like), we will get you to the airport
June 22nd Those going to fish Bosnia with host Jay Shepherd will have breakfast then be shuttled to Zagreb, Croatia to meet Zepter for drive to Ribnik Lodge. This extra 6 nights and 4 guided days fishing will be at an extra charge.
Trip cost is $2950.00 per person, double occupancy, with all the above but can be adjusted ala carte for those not wanting 5 guided days. Guests will need to decide that at time of booking and direct question to Dan Shepherd. Single Angler rates can be easily arranged for small daily increase.
Included in trip:
- All lodging on the above nights
- All wines and brandy the 6 nights/days at Vila Noblesa
- All meals (except the the first night and last night in the city, and lunches on guide days not included. A sack lunch can be purchased for 7 Euros a day but it is preferred to eat at local pub near the river you are fishing for about the same price).
- Ljubljana City Walking tour and lunch at The Na Gradu Restaurant
- Lake Bled castle tour
- All transfers inside Slovenia
What is not included:
- Daily fishing licenses. Each river system has a different fee and since you get to choose or have a guide choose, plan on about 400 Euros for the week in licenses, these are paid on the last day and the lodge accepts only cash in Euros for the licenses.
- Fly fishing gear and flies. The lodge has the most incredible fly selection, hand tied by Branko Gasparin, championship fly tier and bring your own flies too. The guides also have flies each day they use as "go to" patterns
- Guide gratuities Recommended min E20-25/day/angler but feel free to be generous, you will love these guides
- Lodge gratuities Recommended min E10-15/day/guest but again, feel free of course to tip as you like, you will love the staff
- Walking tour guide gratuities recommend E5/guest
- Airfare to and from Slovenia
A valid Passport is needed. Slovenia is part of the European Union.
What a great time to go to Slovenia! The dollar is strong. That said, the dollar could get stronger or could go the other way. Last time I visited, 2 years ago, it took $1.22 to get 1 Euro. Now it cost $1.14 to get 1 Euro. The above rate of $2950.00 is based on the current conversion and may fluctuate slightly until full payments are made.
We recommend getting a travel Visa card or Mastercard travel card pre-loaded ( or use your regular card) and just grab cash in Euros from the ATM or bank when you need it. There are daily opportunities to get cash.
This trip is ala carte for fishing, so no need to fish all five days if you decide you want to spend just a day hiking, seeing museums, etc. Of course we need to decide this as far in advance as possible so as to not leave a guide surprised he is not working one of the days he planned.
Slovenia is a very modern country but rich in beautiful scenery, culture, food, architecture. This will be a blast.
Here are links to just a few of the attractions and hotels we will see and a couple of fish pictures attached:
Hotel in Ljubljana, first night and last night: http://www.angelhotel.si/index.php/en/
Castle in Ljubljana: http://www.ljubljanskigrad.si/en/the-ljubljana-castle/
Soca River Valley: https://www.slovenia.info/en/places-to-go/attractions/the-river-soca-and-the-isonzo-soca-front
My Slovenia video: https://vimeo.com/160624080 (it is 15 minutes so grab a sandwich and enjoy it)